Wednesday, September 12, 2007

I'm off....finally...a quick hello...

Portland is wonderful. For innumerable reasons. For the moment, my top reason is free wifi. Everywhere you go. Specfically, in the airport :).

I'm waiting for my first flight to Vancouver, and from there to London. Funny how many times I've done this, never really thinking much about leaving. This time was much harder, and I'm not entirely sure why. I suppoe I don't really know when I'll be coming back again for more than a few weeks. It could be next year, might be the year after, but I'm not really sure and it's bothering me a little bit. Also in part because this summer ended up being so much fun, with everyone home and lots of good Portland things to keep me busy. And Mom was crying, and even my grandpa started to tear up a little.

At risk of sounding to reluctant, however, I should emphasise the crazy amounts of excitement that are flying around in me....SO EXCITED!!!! For Oxford, and the twenty million books I will be reading, and London, and DEAN :).

2 comments:

Monkeypat83 said...

Woohooo I get to be the first one to comment on your journal. Maybe I should actually write something in mine some time...maybe I will you never know! Hope you had a safe flight and one way or another I am coming to visit you in the next year. Miss you tons

--Cathy

Whitney said...

Really, Liz? Should you *emphasise* those things? Looks like your head was already in England ;o)

You happened to start this while I was internetless and it's taken me this long to figure out that it exists. YAAAAY!!!