Saturday, January 10, 2009

Resolutions, Shmesolutions

I have excellent intentions when it comes to writing regularly in this blog...they just never seem to work quite right. Anyhow, I'm back in Oxford after a lovely (if snowy) Christmas at home, working away. It's FREEZING in Oxford now. Our heating just got fixed Thursday, but we had a really really cold few nights before that (if you're interested in the saga of the Rymers Lane Heating and Hot Water Fiasco, do ask. It's too long to post. Short version = Hamptons International is useless).

What have I done recently? I am (rather shamefacedly) speeding through the Twilight series of books. They're actually horrible. Stephanie Meyer cannot write. It's "I had to hold my sides to keep the pain from pulling my heart apart" this, and "I choked back the panic that rose inside me" that (that isn't so bad the first time, it's the fifth time in as many pages that starts to irk you). But...they're kinda catching, if you don't think about them too hard. And movie is better in that it makes itself so over the top they know you'll want to laugh at it (unless you're a 13 year old girl, in which case you just might faint with happiness).

That said, I'm also in the middle of Brideshead Revisited and The History of Sexuality, so I guess it balances out.

Pretty much all that I can say about anything right now is that it's cold. Look for more information and news when I become warm again.

No comments: