Friday, March 13, 2009

Chocolate. Sigh.

So, for Lent, as usual, I've given up all sweets/baked goods/etc. BUT I like to cook and especially to bake, and it's getting harder and harder not to make, say, the lovely recipe muffin recipe on the side of the Bob's Red Mill corn meal mom brought me...I suppose that it might count as "nutritious" given its raisins and lack of chocolate, but it's pushing it.

Instead, I'm planning some more adventures in bread-baking, using either this recipe for walnut bread or this one for your standard rustic loaf methinks. I'm still a beginner in the bread department (except for quick breads, which of course usually have lots of sugar and yummy sweet things). I use my bread machine intermittently, but the only truly wonderful thing I've made with it was the best cinnamon rolls ever. I'll let you know how it goes.

Also to follow: Mom's visit in pictures.

No comments: