Sunday, June 14, 2009

Weekend Fun

Sigh...Sunday evening. I always feel like Sunday evening will go on forever...like I can stay up as late as I like because it's still the weekend...and then I remember I have to go to work in the morning. Luckily I like my job, and tomorrow is going to be a lovely day full of Arthur Rackham followed by an evening teaching kids, watching Hable con Ella, and chilling on the couch with Dean.

It's been a fairly productive weekend. Rest? Check. Nice run in the sun? Check. Talk to friends from home? Check. Barbecue? Boot sale? Baking? Check, check, and check.

My friend Rachael came over on Friday night, and we sprawled out in front of a movie with caramel popcorn and M&Ms. We watched Perfume, which was possibly one of the strangest films I have ever seen. I enjoyed it, but it was downright creepy. It's directed by Tom Twyker, of Lola Rennt and The Princess and the Warrior. I would recommend if you're in the mood for disturbing but beautiful...

Also included in my weekend: a barbecue Saturday night, baking these White Chocolate and Lime Cookies, watching Friends (our fallback show when we just want to conk out), and going to the boot sale (on a lovely sunny morning, I might add) and acquiring this pretty table for £7!

Isn't it sweet?

2 comments:

alg said...

Elizabeth,

Even though I am your Father, when I think of you, I now think of you as having the best "Bod" (Library) in the world.

alg

marissa said...

those cookies sounds great and I love the table