Monday, July 20, 2009

Jealous!


So, while spending a few hours on a little project I have in mind, I returned to the Scripps College Press web pages and am dazzled by the quality of the student productions. Why did I not realise this was going on while I was there?!!!!! I worked on the library's artists' books and helped sort out all the broadsides the press ever did, but somehow this never clicked. Grrrr. I know I'm pretty lucky where I am, and I've learned a LOT about printing and design over the past few years, but still...

Following on that, I was alerted to this recent event on Simple + Lovely. Portland now has a Book Arts Center, Em-Space (looove the name too!). I do miss my city.....

I would so be there.

2 comments:

Rachel said...

Ahhhh I wanted to go to that show SO badly but I wasn't feeling well. I'm very upset. Em-Space is really awesome, though; if I lived here year-round I'd buy a membership. $100/month=24 hour access to ALL LETTERPRESS AND BOOKARTS EQUIPMENT!

Also, have you seen this?
http://ladiesofletterpress.blogspot.com/
I'm mostly interested because of the myriad of links on the right sidebar. Of course I chose Blackbird Lettepress first, and I was not disappointed. Miss you!

Rachel said...

One more thing: I just found this!
http://www.20x200.com/