Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Huzzah!


I acknowledge it's sappiness, it's possible misogyny, and all other flaws. But I still LOVED The Time Traveller's Wife (although not so much the film). It might have something to do with the fact that it pulls at all the right heart-strings, or that it was a present from my best friend, or that Henry is a rare books librarian, or that Audrey Niffenegger already rocks because she's a book artist (yes she is. She is COOL).

So I've been waiting patiently for her new book to come out, something I don't usually do quite so expectantly. And it came. To me. Yesterday. I started it this morning, while munching on blueberry-muffiny goodness. And although I can't say much yet, I can tell you it's off to a good start. One character is (was) a rare books dealer. Another gives tours in Highgate Cemetery and writes on Victorian death rituals. I am so excited.

Review to come. Plus my take on Miss Hargreaves...

PS. My sister is spending six months in Chile working on organic farms. How cool is that?

image from Amazon.co.uk

No comments: