Thursday, November 5, 2009

The oh-so-continuing obsession with card catalogues part 1 billion, plus an amazing chandelier and my new favorite outfit

Whew. What a title.

As for the card catalogue - I was watching The Big Bang Theory last night and noticed that Leonard and Sheldon (TV's geekiest pair) HAVE A CARD CATALOGUE IN THEIR APARTMENT. If I don't get one soon I might...I might...I don't know, but it will be scary.

I need to get a printing press soon as well. If anyone knows a of a cheap Adana or the like, let me know.

Now for the chandelier:


Nole of Oh So Beautiful Paper posted this chandelier from Pottery Barn. A little out of my price range, given our rented house and lack of desire for rewiring anything, but I could do something with it that didn't require any actual wires, couldn't I? Because I kind of love it.



Also, I do so love this outfit. I found it on i am a greedy girl. Enough said.

Photo of dress from Nadinoo via i am a greedy girl. Photo of amazing chandelier from Oh So Beautiful Paper, originally from Pottery Barn (links above)

6 comments:

You Are My Fave said...

I just looked on Craigslist today for a card catalogue. I want one so badly. There was one for $700 but I don't think I can swing for that.

Liz said...

Wow that's a lot. Argh. I keep hoping that by working in a library I will somehow one day just be 'given' one...still waiting...

Owen said...

Hello via Outline! I hope you've seen the Old Printing Shop at the Gloucester Green antiques market (theoldprintingshop.com), who'll gladly sell you a tabletop Adana press - for £250 or thereabouts...

Liz said...

Thanks Owen! I'll have a look...the antiques market is the one on Wednesdays, is that right?

Owen said...

Thursdays, I think!

Anonymous said...

Amiable brief and this fill someone in on helped me alot in my college assignement. Say thank you you for your information.