Monday, November 23, 2009

Typography loves

I've been holding back on (who I am kidding, I've been forgetting to post) some typographical/printing happenings of recent weeks...so here goes!

One: If you run across Sinister Bird press, it's cool. It's run by two girls from Dartington Art College who basically spent two-three months living out the back of a little van and driving around the country, staying with friends of friends or sleeping in the van and printing a page on an Adana in the van in just about every place they stayed. Coolio.

Two: Even Dean thought this was cool. And he's learning more about printing! PS. If anyone wants to get me this book for Christmas, go for it. I'll be hurt but I'll understand if you only get me the mass market edition.

Pictorial Webster's: Inspiration to Completion from John Carrera on Vimeo.



Three: Check out this article on typography, courtesy of Paul Nash (world's coolest printer and wearer-of-the-Bodleian-printer's-hat) via the NYTimes. Best line: “I think sometimes that being overly type-sensitive is like an allergy.” Well said.

4 comments:

Emily Anne said...

Cute blog! :) Thanks for sharing.

Sophie said...

Paul Nash is great! He ran the printing course I did as part of my MSt a couple of years ago, and I treasure the little books we made on it!

Liz said...

Me too! That was the best part of the MSt!

Flo Fflach said...

I've just met Sinister Bird in Bristol. Loveley little printing press.